On a whim we were at Chinatown Food Centre today, specifically on the hunt for the 3 Sisters Claypot Rice. We had it the first time when they were at the temporary market years ago and once after they moved into the Food Centre. That was all before we were married and so today's trip to savour the claypot rice again was a much welcome walk down memory lane.
We have CF with us today as well. It's always good to have more people on such food trips so we could order more dishes hehehe. One of the sisters was taking the orders and told me upfront that the wait is at least 35 minutes. Ok, no problem, the rice has to be cooked from the hard grain in the pot and that's what it takes to have a good authentic claypot rice. So while we wait we ordered sweet and sour pork to snack.
The mixed pot came with good portions of chicken and chinese sausage. We added a plate of vegetable and a watercress soup. I think the best part of the claypot has to be the big chunks of salted fish. I was picking mine to give Meimei, she just loves them.
Hopefully we don't have to wait several years to come back here again. The place itself has like 500 stalls. I was commenting that we could come here everyday for a year and never have to eat from the same stall. We should come here more often, I spotted a few I would like to try.
We have CF with us today as well. It's always good to have more people on such food trips so we could order more dishes hehehe. One of the sisters was taking the orders and told me upfront that the wait is at least 35 minutes. Ok, no problem, the rice has to be cooked from the hard grain in the pot and that's what it takes to have a good authentic claypot rice. So while we wait we ordered sweet and sour pork to snack.
The mixed pot came with good portions of chicken and chinese sausage. We added a plate of vegetable and a watercress soup. I think the best part of the claypot has to be the big chunks of salted fish. I was picking mine to give Meimei, she just loves them.
Hopefully we don't have to wait several years to come back here again. The place itself has like 500 stalls. I was commenting that we could come here everyday for a year and never have to eat from the same stall. We should come here more often, I spotted a few I would like to try.


No comments:
Post a Comment