Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Digital Locks & Laundry System

The laundry system and digital locks are being installed today. Oddly enough I seemed to have forgotten to take any photos of the laundry installation!


I got the digital locks from the folks at MyDigitalLock, together with the laundry system, door viewer and door closer. The installation on the main door was smooth, you can tell the installer was very experienced. However when it came to the gate installation, we found out on the spot that they did not have stock of  the Yale 323G model I ordered. How can that be ... I placed the deposit a month ago!

So I took a call from the salesman that sold me the locks. He was apologetic and offered that if we would like to install today, he can offer a 'free' upgrade to the 424G model. What a load of bullshit. The 424G is retailing at the same price so what nonsense is he sprouting. Plus how can you come down for installation without checking if you have the lock on-hand.

Simply put, they were trying their luck and asserting pressure for us to take the other lock. If we don't we would have to wait for the stock of 323G to arrive and reschedule another installation appointment. I felt being driven to a corner. And sadly since we were going to move in soon, we acceded to the proposal. Phffff.


Overall the installation was good. If not for the no-stock crap I would have highly recommend them to friends. But that's too bad, it's things like that that turns a good review sour. And in truth it's justified because you are engaging a full suite of service. So however good you are in some areas, you are still going to be judge on the parts you have failed. No one is going to take only the good parts and ignore the glaring negatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment