To complete the look of the new home, we installed full length floor to ceiling curtains in every room. They make the space look classier and more luxurious.
It was a little darker than we had expected but Norman insisted that it matches our overall design and carpentry. I suppose it takes some getting used to - we had light beige curtains at 303 so this darker brown seems to eat up some of the room space.
And then we have an unique installation between the living and dining room. Our living, dining and balcony area adds up close to 62 square meters. Whichever way we position the aircon, another spot is going to be stuffy and warm. So we decided to sacrifice the living room and position the aircon unit at the dining. To keep the cool air in the space, we are using a full length curtain which extends between the dining storage and opposing wall. It looks rather odd but works pretty well in keeping the dining area chilled.
The 2 common rooms had lighter wheat shade of curtains which brightens up the space. These made us regret a little that we didn't choose a lighter tone for the living, dining and balcony curtains.
The master bedroom curtains are the only ones which are matte. It wouldn't be cozy if it was glossy like the rest of the rooms. I think out of the 3 designs I like this one the most.
I didn't have time to go scout for different vendors so we went with our ID's preferred curtain supplier. I like how the curtains turned out though at $3,650 it was rather steep. But I've come to expect that any vendors they recommend will come at premium prices. Just hope it is truly quality we are getting and not just us absorbing the commissions that feeds through their ID/vendor relationship.




No comments:
Post a Comment