Today's the first time since we moved that I am back at 303. The HDB 2nd appointment is this coming Friday so I'm here to clear out whatever remains. And also to take one last good look at the place before we hand it over.
It looks markedly different from how I remember the place to be now that it's just bare walls. The renovation looks dated and there is a sense of tiredness to the space.
I guess our furniture were concealing all the unsightly bits and taking attention away from the dirt.
The most prominent room where deterioration is plain obvious is the kitchen. There are grease on every corner, proof that it is being well used. Since having OO, the kitchen has been a whole lot more heavy cooking. And after a year and a half of neglect, it has dirt and oil in every grout and surface.
The same goes for the toilets. The silicons lining the sink, wash closet, etc have all turn a shade of dark grey and brown.
I suppose it is a good thing that the new owners are gonna do a major overhaul of the place. The layout of the place is close to perfect and so it is only befitting that a new set of renovation helps to bring out the beauty of the space.
"Bye bye 303" *love





No comments:
Post a Comment