Saturday, October 1, 2016

Wallaby - R&R

The R&R is nothing to shout about. I wonder if it would have been better to simply fly us home immediately after the exercise. My platoon mates seemed to enjoy it though. The last time I was here we were rushed through the Capricorn Caves and there wasn't much to see. Another group is going there so I hope they have improved the experience since 2007.


My group were assigned to go Cooberrie Park Wildlife Sanctuary. I thought it was a much more fun experience being able to get close to the animals and literally touching them. 



We were each given some feed and the animals would come up to nibble off your hands. We were there for about an hour and then usher off for lunch at Keppel Bay Sailing Club at Yeppoon.


Lunch was pretty good and came in large servings. It's nothing to rave about if you compare it to the view though.


It's a stunning view from the diner, more so after being in the forest for the past 2 weeks. The waters look so pristine and clear, very different from the waters at any beach in Singapore.

We were whizzed off for a quick grocery stop and then to the motel for a welcomed rest. Dinner was at a student cafeteria of Central Queensland University. It's mess food really so it was quite dull. Oh well, I shouldn't be complaining about free food isn't it.

Everyone went for drinks at the clubs after dinner except me. I was the only who preferred to relax back at the motel. I guess it helped that I didn't have much Aussie dollars on hand and didn't want to spend it. So I opened a pack of chips and a bottle of wine and drank quietly at the porch to our room.


We're going home tomorrow so I rather settle for an early night's rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment