I don't believe any contractor can ever achieve zero defects on renovation. Some defects you just do see or don't surface until you start using the place. I'm somewhat calm when there is something that is not right. So long as the ID acknowledges it and promises and eventually fixes it I don't give the ID too much heat that thing were not perfect from the moment we move in. It will set me off though if he tries to give a crap excuse.
In Norman's case, I cannot say it was totally easy with him but only on a few rare occasions did he give me a bad explanation. He was mostly upfront about the defects and always offer to fix them promptly. And such was the case with our plumbing. Just a day in and there were leaks.
The common bathroom sink was leaking badly. There is a pool of water after a day's use. How the plumber miss this is beyond me ... surely you would have tested?
There is also another leak in the master bathroom. The bidet was dripping water and that was with the water control half turned as recommended by the toiletries vendor. This wasn't the plumber's fault but more related to a product defect.
Nonetheless Norman promised to send the plumber first thing Monday morning to have a look and rectify the leakages. These are the only major defects that surfaced right after the move. I'm sure we would find more over the course of the next couple of weeks as we use the place more.


No comments:
Post a Comment