It's embarrassing to say the least, especially when you had contacted the whole team over WhatsApp and also emailed the MD's secretary to check on your behalf.
Because it was a corporate card, I had assumed that the card was naturally activated for overseas use. It's a Amex travel card after all, only to be used for travel or company business entertainment.
I was further snook-ed because I had used it at a restaurant at San Francisco transit to pay for dinner. And then again at the Starbucks at Cincinnati Airport earlier this morning to pay for coffee before I set out to drive to the hotel.
It turns out that both F&B outlets had used the card chip to book the charge. But when I was getting the car at Hertz, they tried to swipe the magnetic strip to book the charge. That failed since I had not activated it and had to use my personal card.
Well I finally sorted it out at the hotel. Thankfully they let me check in after I arrive instead of having to wait till 3pm. I was then able to login to the hotel wifi to activate the magnetic strip on the card. The star hub calling card had the tethering function disabled on the SIM card ...
Anyways I had to copy my new 'boss' too on the return email to the MD's secretary so he knows to approve the exception charge on my private card. Haiz ... so embarrassing ....
Well I finally sorted it out at the hotel. Thankfully they let me check in after I arrive instead of having to wait till 3pm. I was then able to login to the hotel wifi to activate the magnetic strip on the card. The star hub calling card had the tethering function disabled on the SIM card ...
Anyways I had to copy my new 'boss' too on the return email to the MD's secretary so he knows to approve the exception charge on my private card. Haiz ... so embarrassing ....
No comments:
Post a Comment