Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Voluntary Carpark Refund

At the first of the month, I exited our carpark and was charged $12 for parking. As a season holder, I've never been charged for single exit charges at our carpark. So I was livid at the unjust deduction on my cash card.

Then I thought ... could it be the charges because I only paid on the morning of the 1st and this was the charges for the time from midnight to the point I paid? But I was never charged even when I was late with season parking renewal for a couple of days. Crap ... they've caught on and this is the punishment for late payment?

Even though I was irritated with the charges, I decided it was going to take more effort and time to bring up a case on this .... just to claim $12 back from HDB. So I put it down to my bad luck and promise myself I will pay timely going forward.

So it came as a genuine surprise when I receive a call from unknown caller asking if I recall a deduction earlier in the month. The moment I heard it I knew she could be referring to this deduction, but given that I could not verify her identify over the phone I played it coy and prop further. Eventually she asked for my bank details to remit the refund. But I wasn't about to give her anything so I asked for a cheque mailed to my address instead. She was able to read out my address so I kinda think it's real.

Hopefully the cheque will come through the mail in a week or two. Pretty good that HDB has a reconciling process with the gantry vendor. I'll be even happier when I get my money back hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment