I'm alone this weekend in Cincinnati with little planned. I have assignments due for my Business Analytics course so that's the only priority for the weekend. Some folks on the project team were kind enough ask if I wanted to join them for shopping or trips to the aviation museum or the beer festival at the banks. I wasn't keen to be with anyone after spending a whole week with them. I politely declined, citing the class assignment I had to complete before flying back to Singapore.
There was a minor-major irritation though on the accommodation. Although we had the rooms booked through the fortnight, someone on the hotel team 'accidentally' released the booking for the Saturday and the place is fully booked. We found out that there was a wedding party and they had booked majority of the rooms in the hotel. Bah ... they were shoving us out the door so they can secure the 'bigger pie'.
I nua-ed in bed this morning and had a long breakfast. There wasn't really anything I could do till I complete the check-out and moved into a nearby hotel. It's like a minute's walk from this one but the hassle of packing and moving was a huge turnoff.
Once I was done moving into the other hotel, I went off to the outlet mall again to see if there are anything I can buy and more importantly, catch more region specific pokemons. Below is the small haul I have from this trip.
Once I was done moving into the other hotel, I went off to the outlet mall again to see if there are anything I can buy and more importantly, catch more region specific pokemons. Below is the small haul I have from this trip.
The late afternoon was spent at the hotel lobby working on my assignment. It has a cozy layout with a long high table area for working. There was also a side bar of hot coffee which really help just because I don't have to try and brew my own in the room.
Well as comfortable this all sounds, I'm gonna have to move back to the original hotel again tomorrow morning. I will think twice about staying at the Hilton next time ... you don't shove guest around like that.



No comments:
Post a Comment