Yesterday wasn't really exciting for Pokemon action. There isn't a lot to catch at the outlet and mall and it's pointless to go back there again today. So I was googling for a better place to catch Pokemons. It seems parks are a popular place since they tend to have several gyms and pokestop.
There are a couple of parks I can go to but eventually I settled on Sharonwoods park because it looks like an easier park to navigate to and I can make out where I can park on google map.
I arrived at 8-ish to a quiet park. There were already people jogging and it seems popular with dog walkers too. I didn't bring any jogging shoes with me so I was in my leather casuals. An extremely goofy look but hey I don't really care ... I'm here to catch me some Pokemon action!
There are several gyms and pokestops dotted across the entire park which makes for interesting walks. After a week of sitting in meeting rooms, I was ready to get some exercise.
There were nice wide footpaths from the carpark and it was a relative easy stroll. I'm enjoying the fresh air and nice morning sun. But as I get further the paths start to thin into smaller inlets. I looked at my poke map and decided to go down a small path into the forest.
Although everything looks to be flat on the map, I was slowly climbing up a very gentle slope as I followed the path. There were nice resting points along the way and there were many people coming down it rather going up like I'm doing.
I took me roughly 30 minutes to reach the end of the climb. At the end of it was a nice surprise, it opened into a small lake cum reservoir of sorts.
There are several gyms and pokestops dotted across the entire park which makes for interesting walks. After a week of sitting in meeting rooms, I was ready to get some exercise.
There were nice wide footpaths from the carpark and it was a relative easy stroll. I'm enjoying the fresh air and nice morning sun. But as I get further the paths start to thin into smaller inlets. I looked at my poke map and decided to go down a small path into the forest.
Although everything looks to be flat on the map, I was slowly climbing up a very gentle slope as I followed the path. There were nice resting points along the way and there were many people coming down it rather going up like I'm doing.
I took me roughly 30 minutes to reach the end of the climb. At the end of it was a nice surprise, it opened into a small lake cum reservoir of sorts.
It took me another hour or more to circle the lake and then make it down back to the car. It has been a fruitful trip, I got on three gyms of which two look like I would be on it for a long periods, and I was able to enjoy the sights in Cincinnati. It would have been miserable to stay in the hotel the whole day.









No comments:
Post a Comment