I jumped on the American Airlines plane for Narita to Chicago. They had me at a end section two seater on the left of the plane which is right beside the toilets. I was smelling crap the whole flight but the space I had on the seat more than make up for the torture on my nose. Because the row in front of mine is a 3 seater, there is a 'triangle' area behind the right aisle seat for me. I could safely move my knee out of my seat without fearing a hit by the food trolleys.
I finished all the movies I wanted to watch half way through the 18 hour flight and switch to music and tried to get some sleep. Oddly it wasn't as comfortable as my earlier trip on UA. I should really try to fly UA next time .... if I can get people to cooperate on the bookings. I was tired when I arrived at O'hare.
It was 4.30pm when I arrive and the next flight was scheduled for 6.50pm. So naturally the first thing to do is getting early dinner. There will probably no restaurants open by the time I reach Cincinnati so better get something now and worry about supper later.
The rest of the team had arrived earlier and they were getting ready to leave and get onto the connecting flight when I arrive at Wicker Park Sushi at Terminal 2. My connecting was at Terminal 3 but as I was walking to T2 I received a notification that my connecting to Cincinnati has been delayed to 7.30pm. Ok, just as well ,,, that gives me more time to enjoy dinner.
That delay was unfortunately a first of many to come. What was a 6.50pm became a 9.40pm flight. The only bright side to the delay was the opportunity to play Pokemon. This place is a gold mine with multiple gyms and Pokestops peppered tightly across 4 Terminals.
I also took the chance to get as many regional exclusives as I can so I can trade them to Meimei and the kiddo's account to complete their Pokemon collection.
By time I reach Cincinnati I was a little past midnight. I reach the hotel at around 1am ... it was horrible. I would try my best to avoid O'hare if I ever come to Cincinnati again.





No comments:
Post a Comment