I've been here since Sunday and the Pokemon scene is definitely very different from Singapore. Here, pokestops are far apart, there isn't anyone fighting raids ... or I didn't know where people congregate to do them. A couple of challenges which makes me wonder how folks here play the game.
There are no pokestop at the hotel I'm staying but off and on, a few pokemons will pop up. I've had to conserve balls because there was not easy to get them unless I drove to a pokestop.
Because of the jet lag, I've been waking up at 4-5am every morning. So my usual routine has been to drive out to several spots with gyms and pokestop to spin and stock up balls again. Above is a picture of the West Chester clocktower I took in the wee hours of the morning while on my Pokemon run. I usually make it back to the hotel by 6am for breakfast.
As much as I can get around the lack of pokestops, there wasn't really a way to find folks for raids. I tried soloing a 3 star raid Raichu but kept failing because I ran out of time. Eventually I downgraded to only do 1-2 star raids.
Another 'problem' I had was my pokemons were 'stuck' in gyms and taking a long time to get back for the game to recognise the return and credit the coins for the day. This probably never happens in Singapore ... I'll be luck to have a Pokemon in a gym for more than 4 hours at any one time.





No comments:
Post a Comment