With baby coming, we have started brainstorming on the baby care plans. Meimei has secured a confinement lady so the most immediate need is taken care of for the first month. My in-laws will be over too to help to I'm sure Meimei will get the best care during her maternity. And if things at work don't pan out, I might be at home to help.
To make sure Meimei and baby gets the best care and to help out my mother-in-law after Meimei's maternity, we have decided to employ a maid. Meimei did all the research and the first step was to obtain a Foreign Domestic Worker Employer Orientation Programme certificate.
Ok that shouldn't be too difficult. I was tasked to complete it since Meimei isn't keen on taking tests. The course is pretty informative and useful. The quiz were straightforward and I breezed through most of it. There was one that stumped me though. I'm pretty sure I have the most sensible answer but the e-course keeps prompting that I have the wrong answer refuse to let me move onward.
Apologies with the lousy pic, the questions goes like this.
Question: A good way to maintain your FDW's job performance is
- To show her again how to do a chore correctly when she makes a mistake
- To deprive her of her day off when she makes a mistake as a prevention for future mistakes
- To reprimand her immediately when she is not doing a chore right
- To overlook her small mistakes
But! ... I got the wrong answer. No, you are not suppose to show her how to do it correctly. You are expected to ... Overlook her small mistakes!!! Damn! What crap is this?!! How is that the most appropriate answer? So our government mandated training course serves to teach employers to close one eye to everything? How is this helping both parties is beyond me. What were they thinking?
Everyone I shared the question with came to the same answer as I did. So I can only say that the folks that prepare this question is very wrong. I'm not going to close an eye. I'll be patient and teach her over and over again if I have to. Sadly I had to choose the 'correct' answer before the e-course allowed me to proceed to the end of the quiz for my certificate. Oh well, it's another one for the "What were they thinking?!" book.

No comments:
Post a Comment