Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pre-Natal Classes - Week 3 : Labour

The scare meter has hit the roof! Full frontal graphic video of childbirth via various methods. And there is no censorship at all ... clear in-your-face clips of baby's head popping out of a mother's tummy.

Lecturer warned us to look away or go for a coffee break if we cannot take it. i watched the whole clip ... partly because I was shocked stiff. And I think it showed on my face too. Meimei sat through it as well and I'm worried this may have re-ignited her fear of the pain in having a baby. The pain and anguish on each mother's face is telling of the magnitude of pain they are going through. I'm just hoping the joy and contended looks after the baby is born is enough to convince Meimei of the happy side of the delivery process.

I can't quite remember the rest of the session after the video. It has left me shell-shocked and basically clouded my mind for the rest of the class. I vaguely recall our teach using a prop to show us how a baby's head and shoulders will turn and twist as they come out. I found it surprising that the baby will instinctively know to turn to get out. I suppose nature right there.

Going back to the videos, I guess it was for the better that we saw them now so we know what to expect when the actual thing happens. Imagine fainting in the delivery ward and missing the birth of my firstborn. Nope that's not going to happen now that I'm mentally prepared ... I hope >.<"

No comments:

Post a Comment