Its been many months since we encountered the lady that reversed into our car in the Vivocity carpark. And that incident prompted me to finally get an in-car camera to catch errant drivers red handed.
Today we encountered another one who reversed into our car. And similar to the lady he had the audacity to claim that there is nothing wrong. He initially said: "There is nothing wrong with your car, you have my car plate right. That's it." And he turned and wanted to go off. He knew he was at fault but wanted to play it down and run off scot-free. Well I wasn't gonna let him off, especially when he was not the least bit remorseful nor apologetic. Not a single 'sorry'. I refuse to let him go and insist that he give me his contact number. I wouldn't have been so persistent if he had been more polite. But his nonchalant attitude and pig face really irked me.
I hope the new amendment to the Road Traffic Act gets passed. Section C includes "drivers will also be responsible to provide their particulars to the owner of any vehicle or structure that is damaged following an accident, even in situations where there is no other person present". This will help to deter idiots like this fella from trying to get away after causing an accident. Ah-pueee! Own a WRX but cannot drive. When it gets passed, he can jolly well run off ... I'll just report it as a hit and run? Good for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment