Friday, October 12, 2007

1 System 7, 1.50 Quick Pick . . .

I gamble religiously on Toto. Toto is a game where 7 numbers, 6 standard plus 1 bonus number, are drawn from a pool running from 1 to 45. The draws are done twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays. There are 3 category of prizes and consolations. Top prize start from 650,000 and snow-balls to the next draw if no one wins it.

Tempting for anyone isn't it. Imagine winning a snow-balled prize of a few million dollars . . . Bye bye office! Heeelllloooooo sunny beach and beautiful babes! Muhahahahaha. In my case, many many holidays with my honey and family, maybe a new car, renovation on the house etc etc. Aaahhhhh, so many things can be done with that sort of money. I share the same dream as everyone else - to strike it big and welcome the instant retirement.

But well it's not that easy to strike . . . I did a mathematical calculation once. 45 different numbers brings 8.4 million plus combinations. It is a draw of sheer luck. And that is what i'm banking on this past 10 years. That one day my lucky stars would be smiling down on me and let me strike Toto.

Well some of you must be thinking . . . "You silly bum . . . do you know how hard it is to strike?!" "You are throwing your money down the drain!" "Stop dreaming and be realistic!" . . . Well I'm still working diligently. I bring home the dough every month. It's not like I'm sitting around doing nothing but dreaming about striking. I just 'invest' a little in hopes of a better tomorrow heheheheh. It's buying hope, something to look forward to, something to dream about.

Hopefully one day that dream would come true. . .

" Roll and behold,
Seven magical numbers are shown,
A golden ticket is told,
But the winner remains unknown.


Could this be my moment,
I turn to mine and hope,
They look at me in bemusement,
My optimism starts to mope. "


-Pokpok, 12 Oct 2007
Toto, A Game of Chance

No comments:

Post a Comment