Monday, October 8, 2007

Blankey, Blankey go away. . .

My baby left for China again yesterday. . . *sobz*. She would be there for a whole week (hopefully). So here I am alone, counting the days before I can see her angelic face again. I miss her already.

Her flight was in the morning at 11AM. So I had to wake up at 7AM in the morning even though I had slept at 3AM the night before. My baby called to give me a wake up call and as I laid in bed struggling to peel open my eyes, my inspiration hit me . . .

" Blankey . . . Oh Blankey,
Come again another day,
My baby's leaving,
For a land far far away.

I need to catch her today,
To show her my dismay,
To make up all the kisses,
Before my week of disarray.

Blankey . . . Oh Blankey,
Do you hear me pray,
My baby's waiting,
So please do as I say. "

- Pokpok, 08 October 2007
Blankey, my Baby

I have a standing joke about waking up in the morning. Although I always set my alarm clocks to 7AM, I can never get right up when they ring. I'll just bang them off and continue to snooze. Good thing though my honey always call to make sure I wake up heheh. Though I always have some sort of excuse hahaha "Honey, I can't get up, blankey is holding me captive . . ." "Honey, the sky is still so dark, why you call me at 4AM in the morning . . ." She says "Pokpok . . . pillow is covering your eyes again . . . that's why it's dark . . ."

So yesterday, I put in my most gallant effort and fought against Pillow and Blankey. I managed to wake up to send my baby to the airport and see her off. *Sigh* I hope this week breezes past quickly, so I can hear my darling's voice again every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment