It didn't improve after the night ... I think it got worse and it's clearly something out of the ordinary. Now normally I would give it another day or so but with what happened to my ear and resulting tinnitus I wasn't going to wait.
Meimei brought us to CGH late morning while I carried a vomit bag. As I was a new patient I was quickly put on a wheelchair and sat at the waiting area. Because I was up the pain was so great that it also created strong nausea. I vomited while I waited but thankfully they already gave me a vomit bag and everything was contained.
I saw the doctor very quickly after that. The doctor gave an initial diagnosis after hearing my symptoms where the headache only comes when I am up and it was total pain free when I laid down. He mentioned that this is likely a sign that I am low on spinal fluid in the head, which then causes the brain to come down and press against some nerves and triggered the pain.
Meimei tried to get me a place to rest and they put me up at a temporary resting room. The chairs could only recline but not go all the way down but at least it was something. I was given some strong pain killers Trumadol and anti-vomit medicine as I waited and eventually was wheeled to get a CT scan on the brain. On the way back I vomited again. The bumpy journey and motion made the nausea worst.
We spent another couple of hours waiting in the resting room before the doctor came to check on me again. I was feeling better due to the pain killers so we eventually left with a bag of medication.
I was able to take a light dinner and went to bed early.
No comments:
Post a Comment