Sunday was uneventful but I didn't get any better, laid down in bed most of the time and wasn't eating well. Clearly I wasn't getting any better so Meimei wanted me to go back to CGH today.
Since I was likely to be warded I made sure I set my work tasks in place. I broke out in cold sweat while struggling to set out of office and cancel my flight to Cincy this Friday. There is a $200 cancellation fee but its inevitable .. I'm in no condition to fly in this condition, especially not on a 30 hour door to door journey while seated upright.
So once I've settled my work matters we made our way to CGH. I vomited during the initial nurse assessment but considered non-urgent and placed in non-emergency queue which was packed. While we waited I vomited a second time. I was then immediately wheeled to see a doctor who confirmed I had to be warded for observation and medication.
However due to a lack of beds I was put in a temporary area called the ATA (Admissions Transition Area) where they lined up stretcher beds across the hall. No matter ... at least I was able to lie flat and that gave immediate relief on the pain.
I was given Anarax pain killers and nausea medication while I rested. The food was crap but I wasn't hungry. Thankfully Meimei was here to help me with water and help me to the toilet.
No comments:
Post a Comment