Monday, September 19, 2016

Wallaby - My First Crocodile

The first week is pretty much loading stores and simple practice sessions. The weather though is different from what we were told. The bunk is like a sauna ... where is the 10-22 degrees aircon temperature we were promised?

Morning went past quickly with mundane drawing of stores. With the scorching sun, I was liberal with the suntan lotion. I feel like a sweaty sea lion after I was done coating every bit of skin above my upper torso.

To get us up to speed with the tasks for next week's exercise we went out for a quick training cum practice session after lunch. Everyone was rusty ... Who keeps these information in their head anyways. We were split into 3 sections one to do POW, other two building up tentage. Im in the guardroom detail. 

Before we go back, my boots decided it was a fitting time to give way. I experienced my first crocodile ever. And this was a special one, a reversed crocodile. 


I've been through so much, went taiwan brunei during ns days, wallaby in 2007 and never once did my boots split. Now at my last ICT and especially in wallaby where there is no emart, they decide to give up on me in the first few days. 

Concindentally, OC announce tonight they are attempting to get a kit exchange from the local quartermaster. It seems there are a number of people whose boots have also split due to the flight and the pebble paths.

They are finally serving beer at the canteen so I was quick to get one to soothe the craving. Oddly a can of beer is A$4 whereas a bottle of chardonnay or merlot is A$10. Im gonna get a bottle every night while in camp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment