Saturday, September 17, 2016

Wallaby - Getting There

Wallaby, my 2nd time. I was there in 2007 and it was a horrid experience. I hope this time would be better. Vik is coming with me and we are going there under the Division rather than Battalion. They have an entire platoon of MPs versus a single section of RPs to do the same tasks.

It has come at an inconvenient time though since we are in the final stages of the renovation. I hope Meimei can hold the matte while I'm away. I've purchased a Starhub prepaid card since there is a new Telstra tower at Camp Growl.

I suppose the next couple of blogs would be about the mundane happenings while I serve out the last high-key ICT. After this I would have complete the 7 high-key requirements to stand down.


So we reported at Changi T1 at 10.30am to get on a 1pm chartered Qantas flight direct to Rockhampton airport. Meimei and OO were there to send me off.

I was able to catch a few blockbuster movies during the 7 hour flight. We eventually reached at 8pm SGT / 10pm Rockhampton Time. It took another hour and half bus ride before we reach Camp Growl. By the time we settled the bunk logistics - safari beds, pillows, sleeping bags, it was already 2am.

No comments:

Post a Comment