Sunday, September 4, 2016

Remembering 303 - The Spacious Living Room

Meimei and I used to spend most of our free time lazing around and watching TV in the Living Room. I suppose it's like any other living room. It's interesting though that this configuration wasn't possible in the original layout. We had to change the first room's entrance to extend the wall for the TV console.


I like how we made the space workable though I had always had my regrets on the TV feature. It doesn't do anything at all. There are no storage, no shelves for photos, doesn't stand out to catch the eye of guest, etc. And the suspended TV console was a very wrong design idea. It started to fall a few years ago and I had to ask dad to custom a couple of steel stands to hold the console up.

As much as I gripe about the TV feature and console, Meimei and I have spent countless hours bingeing on TV and potato chips here before OO arrived in our lives. I still love it though we rarely use this space now.


Also I really have to point out how big our living was. We could put in a 3 metre wide playpen and still have very good walkway to every room. This is something we are going to miss at 405.

So if there is anything we can improve at 405's living room, that's to build a more utilitarian TV console and also to fill up the wall behind the sofa. I've been talking about it for so long to spice up the area with artwork or wallpaper and never got around to it after so many years. I wonder how many more it would take for me to do up the one at 405? Haha we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment