Friday, September 2, 2016

Putting A Shine In The Bedrooms

Besides the marble skirting and grouting work, today we have the timber flooring polishing. I arrived at lunch to loud droning sound of the timber sanding machine. I hope we don't get any complains ... its deafening in the unit and I had to shout to hear myself.



This helps to level the parquet and ensures a smooth finish for the lacquering. 


I returned later in the evening with Meimei to a strong pungent smell of glue. The first layers of the timber lacquer were already painted.


The lacquer was still wet so we couldn't venture into the unit. There will be another layer of polishing once the carpentry are installed but this gives us a good preview of the tone and warmth of the teak flooring. As always we are looking forward to the finished product. I'm pretty sure I'll fall in love with the timber floors :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment