Monday, September 5, 2016

Polishing Yet Again

Having changed the marble grouting to off-white, they had to redo the polishing all over again. This is the litmus test which will tell if the yellowish colour from the original grout will continue to stain the marble.


I arrived at noon to find the work still in progress. They are first grinding the marble again to smoothen the marble and grout lines. There goes another half millimetre of the marble >.<


On the bright side, the off-white definitely matches better with our marble. I cannot understand why they would use yellow grout on a primarily white based marble .... Sigh ....


When I returned in the evening, they were still at it. But this time they were in the midst of the buffering and polishing. Hmmm they seem to have polished the entire area, contrary to instructions from Norman to only polish the parts where carpentry is going to be installed.

It seems the workers are not intending to come back again to polish the floor. Sigh ... that's another headache to deal with. I'll have to get Alex to commit to come again after Norman has the carpentry installed. That or look for another polisher with the little balance I've yet to pay Alex. But that's an unwelcome last resort. Best if Alex can be true to his words and complete the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment