I knew something had gone very wrong the moment I saw it. The master bedroom wardrobe looks nothing like the design we chose. We had gone through several iterations of the design, but not once did we choose to have the big grooves between the casement doors.
I really cannot understand how Norman and his carpenter can get it so wrong. The worst part was Norman trying to cover up the mistake by saying he will ask his carpenter to cut a thicker groove in the middle of the doors to mimic the design we chose. That was unacceptable and I made it known clearly to him. After hearing my view, he backed down and rightly so ... it was obvious the wardrobe design was done wrong. No amount of cover up is going to change that fact.
Other than the major flaw in the wardrobe the rest are somewhat minor. There is the grooves we had asked for in the storeroom doors but again Norman must have his own idea because it wasn't done.
There is also the issue of the joining laminates at the TV console and feature wall. I recall Norman explaining that if we did the TV feature now, it will look seamless rather than seeing joint lines at the side. But now that we went ahead with the TV feature we're still seeing the joint lines. So what's the difference between doing this now or later?
I think overall the carpentry was ok. But the biggest peeve was Norman's attempt to cover up the master wardrobe boo-boo. I'm getting more worried that he'll try more nonsense when I leave for reservist tomorrow.



No comments:
Post a Comment