Sunday, September 18, 2016

Wallaby - Proper Amenities

Compared with the 2007 trip, this trip is luxurious. We are housed in a proper camp with big tents, concrete bathrooms with flushing wash closet.


I woke up at 7am and went to take a bath. They have hot water here!!


But somehow they decided not to lay pipes for showers. Rather they went with the 'traditional' pulley water bag. I suppose this is a 'must have' feature to say "You are in Wallaby!"


Besides all the usual amenities and proper cook house food prepared by SFI, the one thing that surprised me was when I found a mobile charging tent.


Our electronic devices are so indispensable and communication is so important that they have setup such a station. Maybe this was already here 10 years ago but I wouldn't know ... I was thrown out into the wilderness for 3 weeks.

By the looks of it, it isn't going to be too bad this time. I'm glad we have internet connection. I'll be able to keep up with the renovation progress at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment