Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Wallaby - A Whole Lot Of Waiting

Woke up at 5am. Somehow I couldn't sleep ... must be the hard safari bed. Since I was up early, I got changed and went for breakfast alone. They haven't started their regular serving yet so there was only bread loaf with butter and jam. They had a wonderful bread toasting machine out in the australian outback! That alone was enough to spruce up the bread. Coupled that and butter and I was able to down 5 slices.

That's as exciting as it gets for the rest of the day. Only the signage team had work in the morning, the rest of us were free. I had thought of catching up on some sleep but it was hard to come by in the sweltering heat. It look like there was a heatwave at times.

Well we were supposed to be loading stores at 1.30pm. However the plan was delayed countless times, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm. We finally gave up waiting and left at 5.30pm. I was pretty ok with the wait, since that means more leisure time at the mobile charging tent ... I had drain the phone to 15% during the morning break anyways so I had to charge it up again. So I got to reading John Grisham's Rogue Lawyer while i charge my phone during the afternoon waits. I was already halfway through the book when we finally abandon any thoughts of getting the stores done today and head for dinner munchies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment